Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Desk Re-Do

Well, it's been awhile!  I've been soo busy with work and school (actually, I should be studying for a final I have tomorrow)!  I wanted to take a second and share a desk I just finished and get some opinions on pricing.

I bought this desk off CL for $20.  It sat in my garage for quite a while until I finally decided on a direction to go with it.





It was pretty dinged up and had some scary cobwebs goin on, but overall, nothing too terrible.
I sanded it just enough to rough up the finish and got to paining.



I used some left over SW paint and some pink acrylic paint I had. The top is Minwax dark walnut (also some leftovers I found in the garage).  I used a foam roller and was very pleased with the smooth finish.  The topcoat is a Minwax poly.  And this is the result...


I sanded the edges to give it a light antique-y feel


There were a few stains in the drawers so I primed, painted, and polyed the insides





Now, a few questions for YOU:

I'm hoping to sell this piece, but I have no idea how much to ask.  Any ideas?

I'm planning on listing it on craigslist.  Any tips on wording, info to include, etc?

Any other tips, ideas, etc are appreciated!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to:
debbie-doos newbie party

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing Lauren...so fun and fresh. Thanks for joining my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete